Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Violets are blooming!

The Violets are blooming in my living room that is! I have always been scared of African Violets they seemed so hard to grow but when I figured out a little secret about them a few years ago well.... They grow wonderfully for me. Do you want to know the secret? It's so easy just make sure you always water them from the bottom NEVER water from the top they HATE that! They make special African Violet pots the pot the flower is in sits inside the water pot but you can use any pot and have a dish under it that you can put water in so it soaks in upward. I have some planted each way and they seem to do the same. They bloom all year long with hardly ever a break so it gives you cheerful flowers all year long, love that!
I am almost finished with 3 more really neat handbags so I'll post pictures soon of them. I better get to work now lots to do! Hope you having a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

African violets are so beautiful and hearty. Great plant idea for spring!

Betsy