Monday, June 15, 2009

Big Catch!

I caught this 25 3/4 inch Walleye it weighed somewhere between 5 1/2 - 6 lbs, on our family trip to Canada fishing. I caught the biggest Walleye of our group on the trip. It was so much fun to catch, when I got it in the boat we took pictures and then we released it back in to the lake since it is probably a female that will produce more big fish to catch. It was great fun!!!
This is a picture of my husband Gordy with the two Northern Pike he caught at the same time! Yes, at the same time! He must have caught the smaller one on his lure first and then the bigger one grabbed the smaller one around the middle of it's body in it's mouth. When we netted it we were all shocked to see two fish, amazing and so cool the way nature works! They both went back in to the lake, they both swam away.
Now today I have to get back to reality and get to work, finally start making some dolls! I'm actually looking forward to it. It's a little hard to work inside today though it's a beautiful sunny summer day here in central Minnesota.

No comments: