Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our herd of beef cows.

This is our herd of 11 beef cows. They are calves right now and we will breed 9 them in June then they will have calves of their own in March of 2010. They sure make it look cold out don't they with all the steam, it was the day I took this pic. They're so cute but I can't get attached, the cute one in the front with the black spot on it's eye will be hamburger and steak. I should be a vegetarian I am such an animal lover!
We have our Christmas party today for my husbands side of the family. We have 4 babies on that side of the family now so that should be fun to see how much they've grown. Some family members are flying in from New Hampshire and California. It will be great seeing them all.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
Hope you have a wonderful time today with your husband's family. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas Day at your house.
Don't think I could eat meat from those cows...they are too cute!! lol...
Hope you have a Happy New Year and wishing you lots of blessings in 2009.
Hugs, Cindy

BirchBerry Farms said...

Hiya there Miss Deb-----I am playing catch up right now and was saddened to hear about your sis---hope she is doing okay---keep me informed k?

Say hey to the family for me---11 head of cows---I LOVE baby calves--they are so sweet!