Saturday, January 3, 2009

Big catch!

My husband Gordy caught this nice 22" Walleye on Leech lake a couple weeks ago. He released it back into the lake right after this picture was taken. We went to Mille Lacs lake on New Years eve and stayed overnight in our fish house. We have a big sleeper fish house that sleeps 6 people. The fish weren't biting there but it was fun anyway. I prefer fishing in a boat on a nice summer day better than ice fishing on a frozen lake though.
Our hearts are heavy today, we had some very sad news yesterday, one of Gordy's best friends passed away from his battle with brain cancer. He was a wonderful fun-loving guy and he will be so greatly missed by his family and many friends.
I am hoping to do some sewing today. I want to make my daughter and my son a laptop bag and myself a zipper carry on bag for my upcoming trip.
Hope your all having a great weekend. Hugs!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
I'm so sorry to hear that your husband lost one of this best friends. It is never easy to lose someone we love and care about. Their family and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Cindy