Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sweet little baby bird!

This sweet little baby bird just hatched. It is so tiny and looks like it has a little mohawk on it's head! An Eastern Phoebe made a intricate little nest on top of my parents window air conditioner at there trailer. Hopefully the other eggs will hatch too. My Mom says that she starts hearing the chick chirping around 4am. The air conditioner is in one of their bedroom windows. Hopefully they will be able to sleep in the am once they all hatch. I had to do some investigating to find out what kind of bird nest this was, the mother bird is so fast when you walk up she flies away so fast it took a while to see her and figure out what kind of bird I thought she was. I came home and looked in my trusty bird book guide to be sure it was what I thought it was and sure enough it is. I love bird watching it's one of my favorite things to do! I'm kinda good at it too, hehe!
Hope you all had a terrific weekend, I did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
What a sweet baby bird...we had a robin make her nest on our rain spout right outside our back door. There is one baby left that seems to be afraid to fly out of the nest, Mama is still coming to feed him. We have had fun watching as all 4 of the babies grew and are leaving the nest.
Also love the pictures from your last post of your porch and flower pots. I still need to finish up decorating my porch...right now, I only have 2 flowers pots our there.
Hope you have a great week.
hugs, Cindy