Thursday, February 26, 2009

Winter blues!

Winter is still here in full force! I woke up this morning to VERY wintry weather, YUCK. We're supposed to get 4-8 inches today. But then I looked out my front window and I saw about 10 cute little birds in this tree, I think they were Common Redpolls, that cheered me up a bit. In my bird book it says that they winter in Minnesota after summering in Canada. I've never seen them in my yard before so it was nice seeing them this morning. I wish this picture would have shown them closer up, I had my camera on zoom but it couldn't zoom it close enough. I love bird watching. We used to have a bunch of bird feeders in our yard so I got to see all different kinds of birds but then my dog started eating the fallen birdseed and got stomach trouble so we had to remove all of the bird feeders. I sure miss having them but my dog is more important.
Well back to work on my dollie orders now, have a great day!

No comments: