Sunday, October 12, 2008

I LOVE my new purse!

Thought I'd share a picture of the purse I made myself on Friday. The picture doesn't do it justice though. I bought an old table runner at an antique store about a year and a half ago and wasn't sure what I would use it for but loved the colors and texture, the design sticks out and is velvety like. I've been wanting to make myself a new purse for a while now so on Friday I started looking through my stash and found this old table runner. It turned out perfect I think. I got tons of compliments on it yesterday at the Woman's Showcase that my sister and I went to yesterday. Now a bunch of other people want one like it but it's a one of a kind. I guess I would sell it if the price was right, lol. I'll have to search for other cool table runners to make purses with now I guess.
We have a gloomy, drizzly day here in central MN, hope it's sunny where you are. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
I know what you mean about the primitive style...I noticed a decline in it a few years ago and thought about changing what I was doing and then sales on it picked back up. I have been getting books and patterns in other styles for a while now thinking that I might need to be making a change as it has been getting harder to even find supplies to make my prim pins.

My sister and I was talking at the show about the retro/vintage style and wondering if it was the way to go with my crafting. I have changed my style of crafting over the years as decorating styles have changed... but this time, I'm having a harder time trying to figure out what direction I need to go.

There is a few craft shows coming up that I'm going to go walk around at to see what is there...to see if it helps me know what direction to go with my stuff. It is so hard to really check out a show when I'm there as a vendor because I hate to be out of the booth for very long.
I'll keep you posted on what I decide to.
Hugs, Cindy