Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fun Day!


Yesterday (my hubby Gordy) and I had a fun day together. The weather was beautiful in the low 40's and sunny so we went to the Como zoo and Conservatory in St Paul MN. They have a baby Orangutan at the zoo right now that is SOOOOOOOO adorable and really enjoyable to watch. I love to go to zoo's and can look at the animals forever, my husband on the other hand moves rather quickly through, so I never get to stay as long as I would like to.
One of my favorite place to go, most especially in the winter months, is the Conservatory that is on the same grounds as the zoo. That's where both of these pictures were taken. The top on is of the beautiful palms. This is what it says about them:
…fills this 64 foot tall crystal dome. There are over 150 tropical palm and cycad species displayed here, and some specimens are more than a century old. The Palm Dome is also home to an “orchid nook” which features flowering orchids, drawn from the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory’s extensive collection of orchid plants. Bromeliads are also displayed in the Palm Dome while in their peak of color.
There were lots of blooming orchids to smell and I did try to smell each and everyone, OH some of them smelled so heavenly! I love the humid warm air in there I could stay for hours, but not with Gordy there he walks through so fast, I kept telling him to smell the flowers and enjoy it sit here with me and just relax. I did manage to get him to stay for a little longer that way, hehe. It's probably a good thing he doesn't like it as much as I do or we would have never left the place, lol. I can't wait to go back again soon! On December 6th the room in the bottom picture that is fall now will turn into a Christmas theme.
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

No comments: